Tuesday 5 February 2013

The space between



What's it all about?  This life; what is it for?  Where am I going on this journey?

I ask myself questions about life, and love and spirituality and creativity and the answers I find are translated in to the themes of my work.  I like to take the time to think and reflect.  Grandma's death reminded me that I love to write.  I love to write letters, and to receive them and to have those deeper conversations on life and who we are, who each of us are as unique beings.

I recently attended a Refectory Table course called 'Telling your story'.  It gave me time to think about who I am and where I am going....in a creative business development way. As with the previous course I attended there, I hadn't realised how much I'd be looking myself in the face.  Pete Mosley's expertise as a creative mentor meant that I finished the day with a clear view of who I am and what makes me tick.

So what is that?  My creativity is a huge part of me, and carries itself in to each and every part of my life, my home, family, garden, cooking, making. But, I like the stillness in the gaps between the business of life.  I like simplicity.

I put together a basket of 'me'.  In it there is my knitting, a diary, an ipod shuffle with meditation music on, a writing pad.  Given a half hour to myself I get something out of here, knit or write a letter and feel put back in touch with myself, and with that peace within.

That peace within I try to carry in to my work.  In the simple things I find my muse.  Celebrating the shared wonder of love and light, beauty, home and family and the transience of it all.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...