Saturday 9 July 2011

Found my mojo!


I found my creative mojo this week!  It wasn't far away, I just needed some quality time with myself.  It was a pleasure to create this piece, commissioned by a friend for a birthday gift for his mother.  Called 'The Journey of Life', the river symbolizes the ever onward flow of life, the fish her Christian faith.  The bridge leads to other places, part of a well travelled life. The trees are symbols of her children and husband.  In the front, the flowers represent six grandchildren.  The butterfly is for a lost child, offered rosemary for rememberance and a snowdrop for hope.  Music and art and nature were suggestions to be included and I really hope that the piece is well received!


Today I am exhibiting at the George Spencer Art Market, Stapleford. So much energy has been put in to setting up this Art Market where contemporary artists and makers will show alongside A-level students.  The students have had responsibility to set up and market the event.....it's even being filmed for local news!  I'm really looking forward to exhibiting on my door step and meeting local creatives.  Hope you can come.  It's open from 10-3 today and I'll be selling my newly repackaged decorative tiles as well as original artwork and ceramics.

1 comment:

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Wow,, It works great and beautiful,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...