Monday 13 September 2010

Yippee!

Wow!  What a magical weekend.  I LOVED taking part in the Wirksworth Festival and met so many lovely and interesting people.  I had a great response to my work.  I sold several pieces but more than that I received creative fortitude.  It was such a boost to see people engaging with the work and receiving from it the sense of joy, or meditation that I wanted for the piece.  There were many creatives there with whom I discussed technique, and I talked to book restorers, textile makers and painters, who were intrigued to know how I create my work.  I am now really excited to establish a workshop programme so I can share my ideas and techniques.  The first planned will be in March 2011.  Please e-mail via the website if you would like to be added to the mailing list for these.

The only draw back to the weekend was that I didn't really get out and about to imbibe that magical Wirksworth spirit.  I was so glad that there was a music venue right outside the library to bring the fetival to me.

Thank you to all who came to see me for your wonderful positivity and support.  I'm on cloud nine!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...