Wednesday 11 August 2010

Pat Albeck

Owl tea towel at Emma Bridgewater

Pat Albeck is part of the Emma Bridgewater 'dynasty'.  Well, she's her mother in law, and mother to illustrator Matthew Rice.  First and foremost though, she's a fantastic designer.  Some of her work has just been reproduced and marketed by Emma Bridgewater.  I love this very personal part of her website recording her early years and illustrated with charming photographs.


Her illustrations take me straight back to childhood and the days of Mr Ben.  'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' by Eric Carle is having a resurgence in our house.  This has to be my favourite book from childhood.  It's great for teaching numbers, colours, days of the week and strange continental foods!




All this retro reminiscing reminds me that my People Pegs went down very well at the craft fair. 


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Ah, love the Hungry Caterpillar. Also my favourite childhood book.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...